The HEL-STAR 6® Gen III is the latest in the HEL-STAR series of marker lights designed specifically for helmet-mounting for airborne, MFF, and ground operations. Gen III closely matches the fit and function of the original HEL-STAR 6® while providing a streamlined package design and advanced electronics. HEL-STAR 6® continues to provide up to four (4) user-defined functions in two (2) selectable operating modes in virtually any combination of white, green, blue, red, amber and IR, each in either steady, flashing or IFF coded operation.
Field reprogramming option available when purchasing a Programming Interface Module (PIM).
HEL-STAR 6® Gen III Advantages
- Safety — The unique battery access design provides a curved profile on all sides, minimizing snag hazard. Velcro® attachment provides emergency peel-away from helmet to reduce potential for snag-related injury.
- Versatility — Up to four (4) user-defined functions are available in a range of visible colors and IR signals, either flashing, coded or steady.
- Visibility — Omni-directional. Intensities can be scaled up or down for special requirements. White flash exceeds FAA 3-statute mile requirements.
- Simple, Secure Operation — Switches are designed for positive operation by a gloved-hand, in the blind, with the helmet donned. Mode selection switch design options provide operational flexibility or strong security between overt and covert operating modes.
- Operating Extremes — HEL-STAR 6 Gen III is shock and vibration resistant, dustproof and open sea waterproof to 130 fsw (laboratory 300+ feet).
- Status Confirmation — Switch design provides visual and tactile confirmation of ON/OFF and operating status with no guesswork; visual confirmation prevents inadvertent battery discharge in the IR operating mode.
Easy Battery Replacement — The single CR123 cell can be replaced in the field, quickly, without special tools.